Paper-Cardboard with more than 85% paper
In an eco-design approach it is advisable to :
- Ensure that the materials used are easily separable (adhesives, films, etc ...).
- Avoid non-water soluble double-sided coatings. For good fiber recovery, water must have access to the fibers.
Other important elements to be taken into account are the following:
- The packaging must be empty and clean.
- Provide for intuitive communication with the end user, if the end user is to separate the different elements of the packaging after use.
- Optimise weights and formats.
- Use safe chemicals.
- Look for packaging designs that can be easily sorted automatically.
- Choose paper and cardboard made from recycled or virgin fibres from sustainable production forests.
To learn more, click here to download Filpap's information document "Tips for optimal use in a circular economy". conseils_ecoconception_filpap.docx